Pack a perfect picnic
California Chicken Wrap
- 3 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® mayonnaise
- 4 6-inch fajita size whole wheat flour tortillas
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
Spread mayonnaise on tortillas. Layer chicken, avocado, red pepper, red onion and salad greens down center of each tortilla. Roll and fold the filled tortillas.
The Original Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into ¾ -inch chunks
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Pasta Salad with Vegetables
- ¾ cup Hellmann’s® mayonnaise, divided
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 cups assorted fresh vegetables (zucchini, red and yellow peppers and/or red onion), sliced
- 1 box (16 ounces) fusilli pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata or pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
Blend 1/4 cup mayonnaise, vinegar and ground black pepper in medium bowl. Stir in vegetables. Arrange vegetable mixture in grill pan or on foil on grill. Grill vegetables, stirring once, 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Cool.
Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients in large bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tip: Vegetables may also be roasted in the oven.
-Courtesy Family Features