Got 5 minutes? Organize your life
By TERRI STEPHENS
- Get in the habit of making your bed every day. It “sets the stage” for the day and makes the whole bedroom look and feel so much better.
- Create a “Top 5 Things To Do Today” list in order of importance and post it somewhere visible to remind you to stick to your priorities. It’s so easy to get distracted and forget what are the most important things to accomplish each day.
- Stop the bulk of annoying junk mail online at www.dmaconsumers.org or call the National Opt-Out Center at 1-888-567-8688. This is time well spent when you don’t have to bother shredding credit card offers anymore.
- Sort your mail every day, rather than let it pile up. Immediately get rid of junk mail, separate out bills and always put them in the same place so they don’t get lost. Have a tray or folder(s) for To Do’s. Take the time to set up an easy system that works for you and your family.
- Make it a habit to look around your car each day and remove anything that doesn’t belong there. Have a trash can/recycle bin by your car to immediately throw out trash. As soon as possible, put everything where it belongs inside your house rather than leaving it in a pile. Train other family members to do this too!